Friday, December 01, 2006

GOODBYE
Its time to thank all my students for being able to tolerate me for 9 lab sessions (phew...if I was teaching myself for 9 sessions...I would be pissed).
Honestly guys you had made the lab sessions really enjoyable, and made my transition to the American way of life a lot simpler. I come from a part of the world were theres always loads of people around and always somebody to talk to, and i sorely missed that in Chapel Hill. So the lab sessions were a really refreshing two hours, when I could interact with so many people at the same time ( I am pretty confident nobody else thought of the labs as refreshing...I wouldnt if I were in your position). So those of you stayed on the lab late was actually doing me a favour ;).

Although this might sound really cliched, but I think I learnt a lot more than I taught from the time I spent with you guys in the lab. I will be honest, its true that compared to what we were taught at high school you people start off a rung below. However, what I was really surprised with is the amount of effort that each of you put in to learn new stuff. And honestly I have seen very few of my peers back at home put that amount of effort in. The way each of you went about trying to do the job as best as you could. It might seem like something very natural to you but to me it was pretty surprising.

If I was the one in charge I would have given each of you a 100 for each lab just for the effort you put in. Its been great teaching you guys.

I wish you all the very best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha... i wish you could have given us all 100s, too. ;)

Rudy said...

I swear I would have...

Anonymous said...

I knew you liked when we stayed late, even though you were the reason we did so.

Rudy said...

hmmmmmm.....